Insurance & Resources
Insurance and Resources
We accept Medicare and Private Insurance, and are in network with over 1400 carriers. There may be a deductible or co- insurance due from the patient. Each plan is different and we can work with you to identify the requirements of your particular plan. We also accept payment for the services from the individual (private pay). A quote will be assessed based on your individual needs.
For more information about applying for Medicare see Below: "What is Medicare"
Q: Do I qualify for in-patient therapy with Medicare?
- You must have been inpatient at an acute care hospital for 3 overnights in a row during the last 30 days.
- Your physician must write an order stating that you need skilled therapy services.
- Skill is determined by the ability to make measurable functional gains every week.
- Admission is typically arranged for direct from the hospital.
- Admission can be from home if the patient was inpatient in an acute care hospital for 3 overnights in a row during the past 30 days. Emergency room and Hospital Observation visits are not included.
- Medicare patients are eligible for up to 100 days per benefit period. The first 20 days are paid at 100% by Medicare. If there continues to be a skilled therapy need after 20 Days there will be a copay.
Q: How can I qualify for In-patient therapy with private insurance?
- Your insurance plan must state that skilled services are a covered benefit.
- A physician must write and order that certifies the need for skilled services.
- Insurance authorization from the patient’s insurance company is required.
- A Case Manager representing the insurance company is involved in the discharge planning process.
- The Case Manager authorizes the continued stay weekly.
- Flatirons must provide updates on medical and functional progress toward goals.
- A plan for discharging the patient is required at the time of admission to the rehabilitation facility.
- There may be a deductible or co- insurance due from the patient. We can work with you to identify the requirements of your particular plan.
Q: Could I have to pay "out of pocket" for services at Flatirons Health and Rehab?
- If you have not had the required 3 night hospital stay, or Flatirons Health and Rehab is not a preferred provider for your insurance plan, you can choose to access our services by paying out of pocket for room and board.
- Our business office manager can help you estimate the costs of your stay based on your circumstances.
What is MEDICARE?
MEDICARE, administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is a federal insurance program for people 65 and over.
People under 65 who have received Social Security Disability for 24 consecutive months are also eligible for Medicare. People suffering from End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant.
How to Apply for MEDICARE?
- Call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at
- A SSA representative will ask for your social security number (may need husband’s if wife never worked) and will arrange an appointment for you at a nearby SSA office to complete an application.
American Renal Associates
Information about kidney dialysis.
National Stroke Association
9707 East Easter Lane
Englewood, CO 80112
National Osteoporosis Foundation
1232 22nd Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20037-1292
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
The Conversation Project
Dedicated to helping people talk about end-of-life care.
The Five Wishes
Easy to use Living Will
Parkinson Association of the Rockies
Supports, Strengthens and Empowers the Parkinson’s Community in Colorado
1325 S Colorado Boulevard #204
Denver, CO 80222
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Improving the quality of life for people affected by MS
900 S Broadway, 2nd Floor
Denver, CO 80209